Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Did That really Just Happen?


Did that really just happen, hours before we were scheduled to leave? Did we really just get the rug jerked out from underneath us? Did we just receive word that our little girl underwent a second open-heart surgery without us even knowing? Was it because they were worried she wouldn't pull through and didn't want to tell us until they knew for sure? YES! Yes it did!!

Did this take God by surprise? Was He taken off guard? Very clearly...NO!!!

Psalm 46:1 tells us " God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble". 

For the past 7 months, since we began the process to adopt KatieJoy, God has shown me so much about Himself ....He has shown me the ugly in myself ..and my need for His grace each day.

As our agency broke the news to us just a few hours before we were scheduled to leave, the only thing I knew to say to them was that we knew this was the risk we took in adopting her and that we knew things wouldn't go as "planned".

As I replay that conversation over again in my head, I wonder why the Lord didn't tattoo the word "duh" on my head. If you know me personally then you know I am a planner...I plan out every meal, every school subject, everything I am going to do with my life. However, as I began processing everything that occurred yesterday the Lord reminded me of this truth:
  • "The heart of manplans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps." Prov.16:9
  • I am thankful God loves me enough to establish my steps and to be the hope to which I can hold. An amazing thing is, He is the same God here in Texas as He is in Bulgaria!
Please continue to pray for KatieJoy as she has been in ICU since June 20th. Pray for healing for her little body and we will be able to meet her in a couple of weeks!



2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Stephanja.. I cant even remember how I found your blog but it started by me seeing "Zara" on a listing and falling in love with her and praying for her. I was really happy to see her matched with a family and somehow I got in touch with your blog! I check it every few months for updates and keep praying for you all! I would like to know if there are any more updates or another page I can keep connected with like a facebook page or something? I cant wait to see her blossom in her new family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers... I will be updating my blog and filling everyone in on the adoption 😀 thank you again for posting ...I can't wait to share what God has done in her life!

      Delete

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS