Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Homemade Cleaning Products




Since my children have their own chores that they are required to do each day and since many of those chores require some sort of cleaning product, I decided that it would be safer and more cost effective to make my own. So here is what we use:

All Purpose Cleaner

  • Undiluted vinegar (I have recently learned that undiluted vinegar is more effective at killing germs and bacteria than diluted..."whooda thunkit" :-))
  • Spray Bottle
  • Lavender Oil (optional...but worthwhile for the nice smell)
Put vinegar and a few drops of lavender oil in a spray bottle.

You can also use the vinegar to mop your floors, even hardwood. About 1 cup of vinegar to 1 gallon of warm water will clean your floors nicely....and don't forget to hit your floors with a mop and clean water after to rinse the surface.

Hydrogen Peroxide

I buy a big container of hydrogen peroxide and squirt it around the bottom of the toilets, on counter tops in the bathroom and on mirrors. It is very effective, non-toxic, stain remover, cheap and, if left on the surface long enough, it will sanitize the area.  As a side note, it is also extremely effective at removing stains on white clothes.

Cleaning Showers and Mildew: Just leave the peroxide on for a while, rinse the area and repeat if necessary.

Happy Cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. I use these homemade cleaners too. Personally, I like to add geranium or lemon essential oil to cover the vinegar smell. My husband likes it better also.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS