Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Homemade Dishwashing Detergent

If you are like me and it seems like your dishwasher never quits running or if you are simply tired of having to pay so much money for Dishwasher Detergent that is constantly "New and Approved" then check out this simple recipe that is cheap, easily made and works wonderfully!!


 Mix:

1. 1 cup of washing soda (not to be confused with "baking soda")
2. 1 cup of Borax
3. 1/4 of a cup of kosher salt

I tripled the recipe in order to fill my container...I would also recommend putting this in a container that is water-tight.  Use 1/2 tbsp. in each load and it will not only clean your dishes but it keeps the inside of your dishwasher smelling fresh and, all this, at a fraction of the cost.


Also, where you would normally put some of the "high-dollar" rinse aid I add white vinegar in its place...I use my "Orange Peel Scented Vinegar".  This rinses wonderfully without any of the spots or streaks and the vinegar only cost me a dollar. :-)


Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. I think I might try this! Thanks for sharing. Now following...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to make m own detergent for a while now; thanks for the recipe! It's the first I've seen to use Kosher salt. Do you happen to know what its purpose is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Louann,

    I found you through my Hearts 4 Home link-up! I would appreciate a link-back to the party, so that others can join in the blog hopping as well!

    Thanks so much! :0)

    Much Love & Blessings,
    ESTHER
    www.oursimplecountrylife.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS