Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Our New Homeschool "Normal"



Since we brought home our newest addition to our family we have definitely had to find a new "normal". Between bonding, attachment, and the myriad of doctors' visits we have still had to find a way to get all of our school work done. The one thing that has seriously been a life-saver is the ability to switch my teaching days around. And the number one helper is my Homeschooling Family Day Planner, this planner makes it extremely easy to plan out my teaching schedule, keep everything organized, and move things around when I need to without missing things. The planner I use is available at Mardel Christian Stores but you can get this one on Amazon and it will work as well.

So here's what it looks like:

Mondays (Teaching Days)

Any lessons throughout the week that would require a "teaching" or "parent led" portion (for my older children), I do all of this on Monday. All of this makes Monday's a super busy home school day so I try really hard not to schedule anything else on this day. This is also the day we do any big projects or enrichment. For example, we made our edible cells for Anatomy & Physiology on "teaching day".

This is a great day for my younger ones to do any art projects or busy work.




Tues -Thurs.- The older children work independently these days which gives me an opportunity to work one-on-one with my Kindergartner and 1st grader. This method has really enabled my older two (3rd & 4th graders) to work on managing their day.

Friday - Co-op Day

This very simple change has transformed our new "normal" and has allowed Momma to keep her sanity;) This may not work for everyone, but that is the beauty of homeschooling, it enables us the creativity to find what works:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS