Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Windows, Faith, and Adoption

As we drove down the highway with a five foot window strapped to the top of our van, I began to laugh (a nervous laugh of course) and remind myself that today was again one of those days that my life felt like a rerun of I Love Lucy. But, as the the window began to shift and slide and waiver back and forth  my laughter turned into fear. What if.... this falls? What if ....it hits the car behind us? What if....it all falls apart ?  What if... What if.... What if..?

 Then the worries over the window turned into worry over the adoption. What if ....you fail your homestudy? What if...it takes FOREVER to place a child in our home? What if .... your not cut out for this?  As all the doubt about the adoption began to plague my mind I suddenly began to hear all the voices of the people that have criticized us for having more that 2.5 children and yet adding another one...my worry had now turned to sin.

 But as we pulled into our driveway with the window in one piece the Holy Spirit showed me that my faith was very much a reflection of that window. It is often being moved and waivered and shaken and tested and tried... and just like those straps that held that window into place, I know that my Savior holds me in place and that He isn't going to call us to something that He is not going to accomplish.

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Heb.11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS