Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

What Is The Most Important Aspect Of A Child's Eduction?

As we kick off our first full week of homeschooling, I have been very convicted about my focus. In the past our school year has been academic and schedule lead but as I reflect on why God has entrusted me with my children, I am reminded of God's instructions to parents:

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Instead of focusing on grammer or math or history...my prayer this year is that our focus will be on the Father and on the grace that has been offered through His Son.  I pray that the Lord will draw my children unto Himself so that they can experience His fullness in joy. As a busy momma who has been given the task to school my children, I am daily reminded of how important it is that drink of the water of the Word so that, through the power of the Holy Spirit, I am enabled to be "Christ" to my children.

We must always remember to obey Matt. 5:16 “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

This indeed is the most important aspect of every child's education. May the Lord give you the grace to teach your children about the the joy found only in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS